Okay, so as much as it pains me to say this, i did fail on the cheese danishes. The good news? I know why I failed! So first here is the recipe brought to you by Joe Pastry. He does a really nice detailed job on how to make puff pastries and I am super thankful for it! By the way I did these over a span of three days, somewhat due to procrastination and somewhat to difficulty.
|Looks a little off, don't it?|
My first mistake was that somehow I messed up my dough consistency, not sure how, but i WILL correct this on my second attempt.
|Yeah, so i had to use a baby bottle to measure out 1 ounce, I could not find anything else to measure out a single ounce! Thankfully me and my friend Chelsea were babysitting my friends baby that night!|
|There they are in the background :)|
Cultured butter...REALLY! Wow, this process was scary, but it ended up not being the point at which I failed. I had a hard time finding a tapered (Chinese) rolling pin which is necessary in the butter culturing process. When I went over to my friends house, on the 4th of July, he had one!!! They told me they thought they had gotten it from Whole Foods Market, but I borrowed it. This was such great news! I rushed over to whole foods the next day and was pleasantly surprised that they did have them, so now...so do I!
My second mistake was that my friend and I decided that the dough probably needed to be flattened some more since (our logic was) it was going to puff up in the baking process. Big mistake! I made two without flattening it, but the rest of the batches from here on were ruined :(